This essay Characterization Of The Physician has a total of 399 words and 3 pages.
Characterization of the Physician
- Doctor of physics
- He was very into astronomy.
- He kept his patient from being depressed by horoscope and magic.
- He could sense the fortune that'll arrive in his sick patients dwelling.
- He was a very good physician.
- He knew the cause of every sickness.
- His patient pays him in gold.
- He read a lot of medical books written by the famous physicians such as Esculapius, Deiscorides, Hippocrates and Hali' etc.
- He was careful about his diet; never ate a bite more than he should yet he ate healthily.
- He read buy little in the Bible.
- He dressed in blue and scarlet.
- He is careful with his money.
- He kept the gold he gained and loved it more than anything else.
- He is well respected in the society since he is a doctor.
- He might be a descendant of one of the well-known physicians.
- He studied a lot about medicine and its causes. It said that he knew the cause of very malady, were it of hot or cold'.
- He probably isn't a Christian, at least not a devoted one.
- He cures his patients not from his good-will, but because the gold he'll receive later.
- He enjoys reading books written about medicine, or anything that has to do with his field.
- He seems to be fastidious, and wary man.
- He's fairly rich (This is portrayed through his attire) yet not very generous, maybe even a bit stingy.
The Social Class
Doctors, throughout the century has been considered the higher-class people, the more nobles ones. It was the same during the Medieval Period. They were regarded as the high-class, the well educated. Doctors and physicians alike were very influential, especially when knowledge about medicine weren't as perceived as now. People around look up to them and go to them for help. Usually, the doctors are fairly rich. The patients, despite his wealth, more or less, pays the doctor. Those that are of higher classes often times reward doctors in gold. As you can imagine, how wealthy they are. However, not all of them are magnanimous in spending. Some of them are relatively wary, like the one in this prologue. Maybe, that's also one way they become rich - through stinginess.
Topics Related to Characterization Of The Physician
Medicine, Medical specialties, Healthcare in the United States, Physicians, Family medicine, indirect characterization, direct characterization, famous physicians, sick patients, medieval period, hippocrates, malady, medical books, reading books, horoscope, descendant, scarlet, astronomy, weren, doctors, fortune, physics, bible, diet, medicine
Essays Related to Characterization Of The Physician