This essay A Holiday For Murder has a total of 1355 words and 9 pages.
A Holiday For Murder
Part 1, Chapter 1.
- A man called Stephen gets off a train and he is set on doing something that he has planned to do for a long time.
- The man is from Africa because he said that he felt homesick.
- Was three days before Christmas.
- Uses words like Drab
- Saw a beautiful girl sitting on the train. She looked out of place.
Part 1, Chapter 2.
- Pilar, the girl narrates.
- She was also set to do something.
- She saw a good looking man in the corridor. He walked in to talk to her.
- Gave what both people are thinking while they are talking to one another.
- They talked about how much they hated England.
- Pilar came from Spain.
- A war was on at the time.
- She told a story of when her driver was killed by a bomb: she did not seem to care! (P5)
- He told her about Africa and a story of when he was a kid.
Part 1, Chapter 3.
- A bunch of people talking about their father. They talk of how much they hate him, and how they want to break their chains.
- Lydia had a garden with a number of scenes that she had made the garden to look like.
- One of the scenes was the Dead Sea.
- Butler had been at the house for forty years.
Part 1, Chapter 4.
- Two, David and Hilda, talking about the man's mother and how she was humiliated by his father with his affairs that he boasted about.
- The mother was not able to devorce because of the times.
- Blames his father for his mothers' death.
- He had not seen his father since he started college because of a dispute between what he wanted to do and what his father wanted him to do.
Part 1, Chapter 5.
- George Lee and his wife are talking about his father's great wealth. "A millionaire twice over, I believe." (George:P17)
- Made his money from mining South African Diamonds.
- Georges' sister died a year before the time of the book.
- Harry is the brother who went travelling the world, and often sent messages to wire him money. He usually got money from his father even though he had a huge fight with his father before he left because his father wanted him to do something with his life.
Part 1, Chapter 6.
- The old man and Lydia talking about the two mysterious people that were supposed to show up the next day.
- The person was Pilar, who is his grandaughter.
- Harry was the other person who was supposed to arrive the next day.
Part 2, Chapter 1.
- Everyone surprised to see Harry Lee
- Throughoutt Book - Reference to fathers appairs with other women.
- Harry surprised to find all family there
- George was a member of Parliament
- When Alfred walked in they stared at each other.
Part 2, Chapter 2.
- Simeon talking of his regrets of cheating on his wife.
- Pilar believes strongly in God and praying.
- Talks about men being more powerful than men Pilar: "If I were a man i would be like that, too." (P31).
- Impressed his Granddaughter with uncut diamonds just to prove to her that he is rich.
Part 2, Chapter 3.
- David and Hilda in a sitting room.
- David talking about a memory of his mother reading books to him in that room when he was a child.
Part 2, Chapter 4.
- A man that the Doorman had met a long time ago came to the door and gave him a letter for Simeon.
- The doorman could not remember who the man was.
Part 2, Chapter 5.
- The man turned out to be the son of an old partner of Simeons
- The man came from South Africa.
Part 3, Chapter 1.
- Harry and Simeon talking about the problem of Harrys' presence there.
- The main problem was Alfred's. His brother.
- The old man has a surprise for the rest of the family before lunch.
Part 3, Chapter 2.
- The family walks into the room and the old man is talking on the telephone to a lawyer. He is talking about making up a new will after Christmas.
- The old man talks about lowering the allowance of George in order to pay for the rising costs of maintaining the house.
- The old man called his dead wife a louse and then said that she transmitted it
Topics Related to A Holiday For Murder
Hercule Poirot, days before christmas, good looking man, p17, beautiful girl, dead sea, hilda, forty years, lydia, millionaire, chains, bomb, diamonds, long time, christmas, spain, train, brother, africa, england, money
Essays Related to A Holiday For Murder